Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I tried on fur coats

Natasha, Claire and I went shopping in Lugansk yesterday after all the fun we had bowling. Natasha has a wonderful eye for fashion and quality. We were both impressed with a boutique called BGN at the mall. Beautiful silk blouses and nice designs. You needed a great figure to pull off much of their clothing. However it seems that most of Ukrainian women can provide that.

We also tried on fur coats for me. Again, I'd rather not purchase a coat without Natasha there because she has an excellent eye for the quality. Suprisingly, the type of coat I thought I'd want didn't look that great on me instead of a whiskey brown mink, I found I enjoyed a bluish silver with my coloring etc. Of course I tried on this one coat from heaven, it was a sheared mink that they also embossed a pattern into the fur. Amazing! And a steal too. Unfortunately this coat was still out of my budget but none the less, for a minute there, I was in heaven. I told Natasha how in America there are animal wacko groups that will throw blood or paint on your coat, and she looked mortified.

We finished off with a trip to a lovely tea house. My tea was a special winter blend mixed with honey and I loved it! I don't think I can buy it and bring it home though. Claire liked it too and wants to go back and have another cup. We all wished grandma could be with us knowing how much she likes a good cup of tea. love to all Nancy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Nancy, you just might get your fur coat yet!! And bring home chocolate!!! Connie