Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 1

Well, its been a good day so far. Ukraine is a bit different then America. My family is strictly 2% milk. We find 1% to taste really bad. Unfortunatly they don't have 2% here. It goes 1% to 2.5%. It tastes kind of sweet. I can get use to it. The supermarket had some strange foods. Cheese popcorn, crab flavored potatoe chips, it's pretty weird. Also, instead of diet coke, they have coca-cola light. There are no tv shows in english, except for some music videos (most of the stuff i've never heard of), and some shows that have been dubbed. We will have a translator to help us, named Yulia (sounds like Julia). Well, the last thing that I've noticed is that there are alot more tobbaco ad's. People smoke more. I don't have a problem with that but it just feel different. That's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey gang, Ryan Taulbee here. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be checking the blog for updates and certainly keeping you guys in thoughts and prayers. I'll make sure to pass the blog address to Michelle as well as I'm sure she's interested in seeing how things are progressing!
Take care!
-Ryan