Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dearest friends and family,

Thank you for looking in on our spiritual journey. We are all excited about expanding our family and "rescuing" an orphan from a potential hard life and giving them a loving family and home. I'd like to add my comments as to why we are adopting. I firmly believe the Holy Spirit has lead me to this decision. Did I say "firmly"? Actually I mean to say I believe, even if somewhat shakily but I do believe He gave me my desire to expand our family.

In a Bible study, a few years ago, we read "be fruitful and multiply" which was the command God gave to mankind. And although this child will not be my natural born child, he/she will multiply our family and we will teach him or her about our Lord Jesus Christ and how to walk by faith. This is another way to multiply our physical and spiritual family.

I had thought on and off about adopting over the past couple of years, but it was about a year and a half ago when I was at the ocean, that my desire to adopt really took hold of me. I took a walk early in the morning and just thought of how my own children were growing and becoming adults right before my eyes. I envisioned them coming home on holidays and eating with us at our dining table, and then I realized that there was room at the table! Having a larger family will bring Nick and I more joy. You see, you can always trust God. If He tells you to be fruitful and multiply, it's for your own good.

I'll write more soon. God bless!

No comments: