Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hi again!

Well, we leave in about a week from now. I'm in a tizzy just trying to get everything together I'm slowly packing my bag and my bedroom looks tornadoish. I've worked my wordrobe out to three outfits based off of a black and white mix and match design plus a black skirt for when we go to SDA meetings or to court. I also have silk underwear, cuddleduds, plus snow esentials. I bought the cutest hat to coordinate with my coat, so I hope to be stylin' occasionally.

We will probably have plenty of downtime in Kiev, so I got creative with some of the items I'm taking with us for the family. First of all, I'm bringing the kids homework, so they won't fall too far behind at school. I still have to make the xerox copies of their text books, but I plan on doing that tomorrow. Secondly, I'm bringing craft/fun activities that we often don't make the time to learn at home. I brought some knitting so I can help teach Claire how to knit. I also brought a book that teaches oragami and another teaching how to make really cool paper airplanes. These are all easy to pack and fun to learn. I just hope that the kids take me up on my fun ideas. Oh, I also bought dog balls which are excellent at teaching kids how to juggle! I am encouraging Colin to find music that he knows, so he can play it for the orphans when we get to the orphanage.

Colin Claire and I just finished devouring the "Twilight" series of books. So I was looking for some good books to read. My sister recommend "Enders Game" a sci fi series that she couldn't put down. I picked up the first two at the book store. I am also looking for recommendations for an easy family bible study we could do there as well. Something fun but simple.

We have bought many presents to give to people there. Uraine is a present culture and you are expected to give presents at different transactions so my mother and I have shopped a lot. Our Ukraine adoption agency, Orphan's Hope, told us that Ukrainians love to get peanut butter as a gift! They have a hard time getting it there so a peanut butter sandwich is looked on as a caviar sandwich! We'll be happy to oblige.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Test 2 for Cinda.

This one went to another entry and is not a reply

Nick

Anonymous said...

Peanut butter is like a caviar sandwich? Nick could make a fortune there in Kyiv. Ask him about his "Too-much-butter" sandwich. In case he's forgotten it is made of equal parts peanut butter, apple butter and BUTTER on a multigrain bread. Actually they are delicious. I like to add a crumbled rasher of bacon.

Now you know why I'm
Big Ol' Dad