Sunday, January 18, 2009

The first few days

Wow...

I really mean it wow...
These boys are a real trouble. I knew this would be hard, but wow. They cuss (in Russian) all the time, hit, throw things at each other and us, disobey, run away, talk to strangers, broke the TV connection in our last flat (ripped the wire right out of the socket), can't even make eye contact, make loud annoying sounds (they are as I am typing this), have no table manners, and always complain. They laugh intensely at fart jokes and jokes of a much more crude nature.

But they can be angels though. I see them behave better when someone speaks to them in their language. Some things have no excuse but this should get easier as time goes on. They behaved really well when we watched Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on DVD. It was late and I'm sure that played a part but still.

So I see hard times ahead but I also know this is about as hard as it will get. They will just have to be locked away from the room with my Wii for a few months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Colin, how can you tell they are cussing???
You probably are right, tho, about keeping them away from your wii.

Won't it be nice to be home in the foreseeable future? I become much more patriotic when I travel outside the U.S.

And just think how mature you look, compared to the boys!!

Unknown said...

Colin,
Hahahaha – broke the TV, hahaha --- way to spear you in the heart.

High fives all around when I meet them. Many is the day I consider that for Brandon’s TV as well.

Surely your EE father had it back up in short order? He is an Electrical Engineer you know.

Remember, every day is like Christmas on steroids for them, fine in the morning and just flat overwhelmed by mid-day. You’re working with kids that had no one but each other and a wooden toy between them a week ago. Every day is a totally new experience with no reference in their previous lives. Put on the same scale, I think I would puke from the stress, every day. A lot.

I suggest you hug your mother --- one because she deserves it, two because you should now appreciate the patience of Job she has shown with you (which, it sounds like was just field training for today), and three – she never let me hold you, cus you would have remembered it :)



Mean Uncle Jeff